ERS and Envisat Precise Orbit Determination
Delft Institute for Earth-oriented Space Research (DEOS)
provides highly precise orbits for the European Remote Sensing Satellites ERS-1, ERS-2 and
Envisat, in support of altimetric and InSAR research. The
orbit files and the supporting software
can be downloaded freely through this site.
orbits for ERS-2 are available from launch until a few months ago,
orbits up to a few weeks ago. For the really quick needs there are the fast-delivery orbits.
For ERS-1 the precise orbits that are now available span all ERS-1 mission
phases until June 1996 when the altimeter was switched off. For the later part of the mission
we have some operational fast-delivery ERS-1 orbits.
- What's the current status of the orbit determination and what's NEW.
- Access to the orbit files.
- Access to on-line utilities and supporting software.
- Details of the orbit determination and its precision.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Some frequently asked questions and their answers.
- List of references on ERS orbit determination.
- Some results of the ERS precise orbit determination (SLR tracking, comparisons, ...)
- See who's using the DUT/DEOS orbits regularly and register yourself as a user.
- Related links on ERS-1, ERS-2, applications, background information, etc.
ERS orbits |