[RADS] TOPEX Side A/B bias ... again

Remko Scharroo remko at altimetrics.com
Wed Oct 15 13:59:06 CEST 2008

Hi Luciana,

You're fine.

Your old result was made before two of my previous changes to the TX
data.

Let me elaborate. Here's the chronological order.

- June or earlier: Situation A (your red dots)
- 1 July: Changed bias between TX Side A/B (which I shouldn't have done)
- 18 Sep: Implemented new SWH drift correction to Side A
- 6 Oct: Realised that TX Side A/B was OK to begin with (back to zero)
- 15 Oct: Situation B (your white dots)

So the only difference between A (red) and B (white) is, in fact, the
SWH drift, which, through SSB results in a maximum difference of
roughly 2 mm. You can see that in 1997/98 where your red and white
differ the most.

I'm actually glad you find this. So indeed, we're back to the previous
(except for that short period) without me making more errors.

Cheers,
Remko