[RADS] Fixed Jason-1 Cycle 19

Remko Scharroo remko at altimetrics.com
Thu Apr 16 22:33:18 CEST 2009

Dear RADS users,

Josef Cherniawsky reported to me that there was an error in cycle 19,
passes 19-32. One could see the SLA rapidly varying in big swings up
to some 20 meters.

I traced this down to errors in the range data that had not been
reported in the Jason-1 GDR validation reports.

Then I found that the GDR data that I used for that cycle were
replaced on the JPL FTP site about a week later after I downloaded it
first. This means that this was probably a know issue that had since
been patched.

I have reprocessed cycle 19 and put the data on the Delft server.

Thanks to Josef for pointing this out.

Cheers,
Remko

PS: I would like to remind you that there is a lot of flux in the
Jason-1 data these days. New GDR Version C data is coming in nearly
daily.