[RADS] Envisat moved to new orbit (update)

Remko Scharroo remko at altimetrics.com
Thu Oct 28 13:59:42 CEST 2010

Dear RADS users,

As I mentioned a few days ago, Envisat is not running in its new orbit with 431 orbits (862 passes) in 30 days.

Although ESA suspended the production of interim GDR data (IGDR and IMAR) until further notice (I believe 1 November), the fast-delivery data from the Kiruna station has continued all through. And now also the Frascati station is producing data.

That means that apart from the loss of a couple of passes earlier on, the Envisat production is back on-line now with fast-delivery data only. As soon as the IGDR data flow again too, they will overwrite the lower quality fast-delivery data and fill in the missing passes.

Three reminders:
1) The new Envisat data will appear in the directory data/n1/c, starting with cycle 95
2) To have the RADS software run properly, make sure to sync up the data/nml directory (the updated files will be getraw_n1.nml and getraw_n1c.nml)
3) Use the option sat=n1/c in the RADS programs to retrieve the new data

Regards,
Remko