[RADS] Small bump on the Jason-2 road

Remko Scharroo remko at altimetrics.com
Fri Oct 29 19:50:15 CEST 2010

Dear all,

The last few days there was a small bump in the insertion of Jason-2 data into RADS. Due to a configuration error in the CLASS system at NOAA some fast-delivery (OGDR) data files of Jason-2 were delivered in an encrypted form. Though the error was very quickly found and remedied at NOAA, it had a little ripple effect on the operational data processing for RADS in the sense that no new Jason-2 OGDR data was added to RADS after 27 October as a program of mine choked on the encrypted data.

I've now restarted the processing, getting the system up to date again with the latest OGDRs. At the same time I guarded the system against such problems in the future.

From me, and on behalf of my colleagues at NOAA, I apologise for the short interruption.

Remko

PS: I mistyped in my last e-mail to the group. "Envisat is now in its new orbit" (instead of "not").