ERS-1 and ERS-2 Mission Phases
The ERS-1 mission phases are listed below:
- Phase A: Commissioning Phase: 25-Jul-91/10-Dec-91
- Phase B: Ice Phase: 28-Dec-91/30-Mar-92
- Phase R: Roll Tilt Mode Campaign: 4-Apr-92/13-Apr-92
- Phase C: Multidisciplinary Phase: 14-Apr-92/21-Dec-93
- Phase D: Second Ice Phase: 23-Dec-93/10-Apr-94
- Phase E: First Geodetic Phase:10-Apr-94/28-Sep-94
- Phase F: Second Geodetic Phase: 28-Sep-94/21-Mar-95
- Phase G: Tandem Phase: 21-Mar-95/5-Jun-96
ERS-2 knows only one mission phase:
- Phase A: Multi-disciplinary Phase: 29-Apr-96/now
(*) Note that in Phase schedule tables also a relative orbit number, counted from the beginning of a given phase, may appear.
- Absolute Orbit Number: orbit number counted from the beginning of the mission.
- Relative Orbit Number: orbit number, in a cycle, counted starting from the first orbit East of Greenwich.(*)
- Cycle Number: counted from the beginning of the mission, and increased whenever the track 1, of a given phase, is rivisited.
The above information was retrieved from ESA/ESRIN
Cycle and pass start-times
For more information on ERS-1 and ERS-2 cycles and passes, like the start
times, click here.